Saturday, February 1, 2014

Weekend Nails: Sponged Marble

It's Saturday night, which means weekend nails. For me, weekend nails aren't blinged out party nails-I am boring. Instead of getting ready to paint the town, I frequently spend Saturday evenings babying my nails, then trying something new that I'm not 100% sold on yet. Maybe it's a new technique or color combination, a design complicated enough that it could go terribly wrong, or something that didn't go so well for me the last time I tried it, but had potential. I put it on and see how it goes, and if I don't like it I can change it before I go back to work and may or may not have time to spend on fresh polish for a few days. This week I tried a sponged marble design I saw on Valiantly Varnished. While mine didn't come out quite as nice as hers, I think I might like it.

I used five colors to create my marble look: Julep Noelle, Sally Hansen Maximum Strength Calming Cocoa, Revlon Foxy, and Frankly I Don't Give A-Dam and I Only Shop Vintage, both by Sephora by OPI. I chose randomly for the base color on each nail, then dabbed the others with a piece of makeup sponge (I held it with tweezers for control and to keep from getting polish all over myself) until I liked it. What's something you want to try and haven't yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment