Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sparkle Madness: Round 2

I liked my sparkly pastel green holo mani so much I decided to try it with the same technique with a purple...and things got a little out of hand. I feel like the Tim Taylor of glitter right now.



For this variation, I used Rimmel 60 Second Mirror in Misty as my base. This one's been sitting in my collection for a while; it's a dusty metallic lilac. I layered Glitter Gal Turbulence over it thinly, and gradated it with Julep Joelle, just like in the previous post. My accent nails were a thin layer of Turbulence followed up by layering Joelle until the sparkle level was appropriately ridonkulous. Then I used Misty and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Glazed Sand to paint a simple daisy pattern on the accent nails with a dotting tool.



That's when things started to get crazy. Turns out metallics really make Turbulence pop, and I miiiight have decided another pass of Joelle on the tips was a good idea. Admittedly, this look may be a bit too blingy for everyday wear, but I can't seem to stop staring at it. Holo glitter, why can't I quit you?
Holding Joelle

Slightly blurred, look at all the colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment