Saturday, March 22, 2014

Weekend Nails: Stripes and Rainbows

It's been a while since I've done a black nail, mostly because of the sorry state of my cuticles (dry, busted cuticles sop black polish up). Now that my cuticles are starting to look semi-presentable, I couldn't wait to get back on the black polish horse. It's a nice change up from the pastels and brights that are on everyone's minds right now.


First of all, this design is stolen. The rainbow/polka dot/sparkly bow tips are from a photo that I mindlessly saved to the 'nail ideas' folder on my phone before I started blogging and can't find now, so if you know who it "belongs" to originally, give them a shout out in the comments.

Beyond the accent nail, it was all trial and error. I wasn't in love with my usual rainbow color combination after completing my thumb, but the green and purple alone was quite lovely on my black creme base, so I stopped there. Then I added a thin stripe of glitter to tie it together with the rainbow design's accent bow.

The colors I used were Sally Hansen XTreme Wear in Black Out, Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Jade Jump and Lively Lilac (two of my very favorite colors), Julep Octavia, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Tough Love, Sally Hansen XTreme Wear in Mellow Yellow, Pure Ice in Drive Me Crazy, and Julep Joelle, topped with MegaShine.



No comments:

Post a Comment