Thursday, March 20, 2014

I Love You, Florals!

I love floral nails. I love daisies and sunflowers and violets and roses and nonspecific blobs with petals. Cartoony and realistic, vintage and modern, I love them all. I want to try every floral nail design there is. I know that's hyper girly. I don't care. I like what I like. If my nails remind you of an old woman's wallpaper, I'm probably in love with them.

Tonight I chose Julep Nellie as my base with no idea what to do with it, just that I wanted a color I love to stare at for a few days while I'm deciding what to paint for this month's Lacquer Legion prompt (which is "Lucky," by the way, in case you're thinking about participating). What to wear when I don't know what to wear? Floral, of course!


While I was deciding on a design, two coats of Nellie dried. Then I used my White Out Salon Perfect striper to create my chevrons.


Then I mixed a drop of Nellie and a drop of a white polish together with a toothpick and used that color to make splotches all over the white areas.



After that, I took the toothpick and used Nellie to finish my rosettes. There are plenty of rosette tutorials online from people who are much better at this than me, so I'll spare you my "process"- let's just say I wing it. From there, I dab tiny dots of Sally Hansen Jade Jump, followed up with Revlon Jaded Night right next to it as leaves. I topped my accent nails with Wet n Wild Clear Nail Protector and two coats of MegaShine. I love them. They're perfect.




Not particularly original, I know. But they're classic and lovely, and some variation of vintage roses will probably always be on my list of go-to looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment