Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Nails By ChiChi Houndstooth

Houndstooth is a made-for-Weekend-Nails pattern. I've been avoiding it because it seemed a little too difficult to get right. In fact, that has been a theme for me with this pattern. I think it's adorable, but it just doesn't seem to be something I can pull off. Last night though, in the middle of the week, no less, I got brave and decided to give it a shot. When I want to do something difficult, a pictorial is my preferred how-to guide for step-by-step instructions. After examining multiple houndstooth pictorials, I chose one from Nails By Chi Chi, a site I hadn't seen before, and I'm definitely planning to go back there the next time I need inspiration.



For this design, I used Julep Mona, a deep, moody grey, with Sally Hansen XTreme Wear in White On, with the Salon Perfect striper in White Out to create the pattern. I used my regular Mega Shine on top, and tried my new Bridge the Ridge basecoat. I didn't notice any major differences from my normal bases, but I can say my mani is very smooth, even with an unforgiving creme finish. It was surprisingly easy! I was completely overthinking it.





Much like real houndstooth, it's not much to look at close up, but the overall result is both classy and fabulous. Maybe this will give me the courage to try a houndstooth scarf or pair of heels. Have you ever been nail-spired by Nails By Chi Chi? I think the One Stroke Roses might be my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment