Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lacquer Legion: Glam Glitter Flames

This month's Lacquer Legion prompt is Glam, which I was super excited about! After running through a dozen ideas in my mind, I decided to keep it simple: muted tones with a little sparkle, using one of my most glamorous polishes.


As tempted as I was to glitterbomb the heck out of this prompt, I've always found glamour in simplicity, a la Kaley Cuoco, J Lo, and Isla Fisher's sparkly nude gowns. These flames are Julep Love, and the base is Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Bare Naked, my favorite nude. Love is a special edition polish with a glamorous gold top, lending it the perfect street cred for a Glam mani.

Wanna see some more pictures? Ok!




I admittedly went a touch crazy with the photos, but capturing this mani was a little difficult because of the monochrome color scheme-plus I tried my hand at outdoor photography this time.

Love was a free gift with the February Maven box, and since then has not been available to purchase. As of right now, though, you can pick it up in one of their Mother's Day gift sets. Will you be participating in Lacquer Legion this month? Even though I got impatient and leaked mine early, you still have time to create nail glam and post it to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with hashtag #LLGlam on April 28th. Tag me at @SecretNailBlog on Twitter so I can see your art!

No comments:

Post a Comment