Thursday, May 1, 2014

I Love: Nubian Heritage Lotion

I don't normally review beauty products, but I was just dying to talk about this one! I may have just lucked into one of my new favorite products: Nubian Heritage Honey and Black Seed Lotion.

First, a kind-of disclosure. This product was provided to me free of cost, but not for review on the blog. I completed a survey at the Nubian Heritage website a few weeks ago after clicking a link that said I could get a free product. I like free, and the survey wasn't complicated, so I filled it out. Honestly, I forgot all about it and would have had no idea what it was if they hadn't included a little card thanking me for my participation. I was surprised and thrilled when such a big bottle randomly showed up (it's 8 ounces). So Nubian Heritage did not solicit this review, but now they got it.


The first thing I thought when I opened the box (besides "I didn't order anything, did I?") was that this box smelled nice. I had pretty much come to expect that many products targeted at women of color smell of shea butter, which I don't care for, and I guess the Nubian Heritage name made me think this one would, too. This lotion has a very unusual smell, but in a good way, and while it contains shea butter, it doesn't have the generic shea butter smell.  It's light and long lasting, and wouldn't overpower a body spray or perfume.

Once I opened it up, I found that it was very thick. When I read on the label that it's "anti-blemish" and "smooths uneven complexions," I was a little confused, because it's really thick for a face cream. I'm brave though, and I have a pretty resilient skin, so I tried it. And it feels awesome. The lotion isn't heavy or greasy at all, and a little bit goes a long way. It's to be seen whether it clears my complexion, but it feels and smells wonderful. It also smoothed my cuticles and soothed my sad looking feet.

Nubian Heritage Honey and Black Seed lotion is available online at The Vitamin Shoppe in 13 oz. bottles. $11 is a little pricey for lotion, but I have a feeling this could be a splurge for me-plus I think this 8 oz bottle will probably last a while. As an organic, fair trade, not tested on animals product, it's a winner all around. I'm in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment